Happy Thanksgiving everyone !
I really hope you and your family, loved ones and friends have the best Thanksgiving this year. After some grim times, now is the time to come together and be thankful for what we have and appreciate the important things in life like love, family and friends.
Here is a picture of my Thanksgiving dinner in the oven :
Here is the simple turkey recipe
- 1 turkey
- 8 sprig fresh herbs
- 3 medium onions
- 2 tbsp. olive oil or melted butter
- kosher salt
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 stalk celery
- ¾ c. low-sodium chicken broth
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Remove the giblets and neck from the cavity. Using paper towels, pat the turkey dry. Stuff the herbs and half the onions into the main cavity.
- Tie the legs together with kitchen twine. Tuck the wing tips underneath the body. Rub the turkey with the oil and sprinkle with 2 teaspoons of salt.
- Place the turkey neck, carrots, celery and the remaining onions in a large roasting pan. Place a roasting rack in the pan and put the turkey on top of it.
- Roast the turkey until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh registers 165 degrees F, 2 1/2 to 3 hours. (Cover the bird loosely with foil if it browns too quickly, and add the broth to the pan if the vegetables begin to scorch.)
- Carefully tilt the turkey to empty the juices from the cavity into the pan. Transfer the turkey to a carving board, cover loosely with foil and let rest for at least 25 minutes.
- Reserve the pan and its contents for gravy. Carve the turkey as desired. Garnish with fresh herbs, if desired.
Tell me which recipes you chose to make in the comments !
3 thoughts on “Happy Thanksgiving !”
Your turkey looks already delicious 🙂 Happy Thanksgiving
Thanks you too!
LikeLiked by 1 person
[…] easily my favorite month of the year because it’s my birthday month but also because it has Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Cyber Monday ! What could be better : a holiday to spend with your loved ones […]