Happy Bastille Day everyone ! Joyeuse Fête du 14 juillet tout le monde !
Well the Euro UEFA football final was just this week, on Sunday July 10th, so I thought it was just perfect for a one in all patriotic mani : the French flag on French mani twist ! It works for supporting the French national team : the Blues or les Bleus but also for the French national holiday : Bastille Day on July 14th.
I was lucky enough to be invited to see the Euro 2016 Soccer final at the Stade de France near Paris with a VIP pass. The blog post will be coming shortly. But in a nutshell it was a blast!
Here is the manicure I was sporting:
The polishes I used for the mani were the following and are listed in order :
- My trusty OPI Nail Envy Base coat.
- Revlon 003 Sheer Snowflake Pink for a nice transparent sheen over the nail.
- OPI Alpine Snow for the white of the French Flag.
- Sally Hansen 580 Red My Lips for the red in the French Flag.
- Sally Hansen 130 Blue Me Away for the blue in the French Flag.
- Sèche Vite fast drying top coat to seal in the design and add a beautiful shine!
I did this twist on the classic French mani as I thought it was a funny (pun intended, wink wink…) and also it seemed classier than drawing the flag across the entire nail bed. I did this entirely free hand with no tools.
This mani was fun and as understated as a patriotic mani can be ! haha ! I think it goes perfectly well with champagne, don’t you?
Here is a shot taken in the VIP lounge with the Euro 2016 program and with the bracelets that were provided us there both as souvenirs and along with our VIP passes.
Every Bastille Day in Paris the Champs Elysées Avenue is decked out in Red White and Blue to reflect the French Flag colors and serve as the perfect back drop for the military parade.
Products used :
On my mani :
Check my post on these two mani essentials in my book !
- OPI : Nail Envy – USA (here) & France (here) (*)
- Seche Vite : Fast Drying Top Coat – USA (here) & France (here)(*)
- OPI : Alpine Snow – USA (here) & France (here) (*)
- Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manucure in 580 Red my lips – USA (*)
- Sally Hansen Hard as nails extreme wear in 130 Blue me away – USA & France (*)
What nails are you wearing for Bastille Day, or the 4th of July?
I’d love to chat with you on :