Hey Guys !
I was recently nominated to do The Beauty Blogger Tag by the lovely Sangeetha from Lifestylebites3 (Thank you girl, appreciate it !). Go check out her wonderful blog !
The Rules for this Tag…
- Tag the blogger that nominated you
- Answer the questions you were given
- Nominate 10 bloggers whose blog is about beauty/lifestyle/fashion
- Name 10 questions for your nominees to answer
- Inform the bloggers you chose that you nominated them
The questions that Sangeetha gave me…
- How often do you use social media platforms? – Quite often actually ! I post almost everyday on Instagram @Danetigress and Twitter @Danetigress as well as my Danetigress Facebook page. The one I use the least often is Google+. You can follow me to catch up with what I’m up to.
- Have you ever been on a low-buy mode on beauty? Does it count when I’m buying less because I’m away on vacation or traveling for business? Because most of the time, I can’t say I am, gotta work my VIB Rouge Sephora Card (check out my post on the VIB program) haha!
- How do you increase the wear time of your makeup? – I use primers in the winter and fall and matifying sunscreens in the spring and summer under my makeup because I have combination skin with a very oily T zone. I find layering cream products over powder increases makeup staying power as well. If I need extra wear time for an event or a special night out, I’ll use the Urban Decay All nighter setting spray.
- Which product in your makeup routine do you enjoy the most and least? – My favorite beauty product is eyeshadow palettes, so creating a new and fun eyemakeup look each day is for sure what I enjoy the most. Here is the Gwen Stefani UD palette I featured in a review. Blush for some reason is not as exciting for me.
- Do you do makeup that matches your outfit? – My makeup is always thought out along with my outfit of the day. I use a cool app called Stylebook to keep track of my outfits, that I’ve reviewed here. If I want to do a matchy matchy look, I’ll go for it even though the rules are you shouldn’t match your eyeshadow color to your clothes, but I don’t care, I feel you should make your own rules and do what makes you happy!
- What advice do you give to a beginner blogger who wants to build their blogging audience? – The first part of my advice is have FUN! If you’re having fun then so will your readers, if you’re just going thru the motions then your audience will feel it and definitely won’t be growing. If you’re having fun the great thing is you’ll naturally be inspired, so no writer’s block ! The second part of my advice would be to be PROFESSIONAL about it. If you post a picture, make it the best you can take it. If you write a post, be sure to make it as good as you possibly can and most importantly post regularly. Even if you’re having fun you can still be serious about it, if you don’t no one will take you seriously either. My final piece of advice is to INTERACT with your readers and other bloggers as much as possible. It’s all about the community and meeting new people. Reaching out and making news connections is what it’s all about and that’s what will make you’re audience grow the fastest (once you’ve been following my first two tips).
- Name 3 Youtubers that you prefer to watch their channels. – This is so hard, I love watching YouTube! If I really have to narrow it down I would say Emily Noel83 from Beauty Broadcast, Leesha from Xsparkage, and Marlena from Makeup Geek which I was lucky enough to meet at a Meet&Greet in Paris, Montmartre in 2011. She’s just like in her videos, really sweet, down to earth and bubbly. I need to do a review on her eyeshadows which I LOVE!
- How do you share an equal amount of time between your life and blogging? – It’s definitely not easy and requires balance and of course a certain amount of discipline. But I feel it shouldn’t be too hard either, blogging is fun and should never feel like a chore. If ever that happens or if the feeling lasts too long then maybe you’re not passionate enough about it and that’s ok too. Blogging helps me relax and leave the workday grind behind. I blog in the evenings and on the weekends since I’ve got a day job. I also recommend taking the opportunity to incorporate blogging in your every day life even if you aren’t planning a specific post right away. Go with the flow, if you find yourself in front of a great photo opportunity then grab it! Even if you won’t be blogging about it right this second. That way you’ve got tons of material ready when you need it.
- How do you keep an up-to-date information on beauty that is around the world? – I’m on social media a lot so it’s easy to see what’s trending, and I love watching YouTube videos as mentioned above. I’m also subscribed to Vogue.
- Have you ever participated in a beauty or fashion event? And, if so, name it. – I’ve been to IMATS in London and need to do a blog post about it. It was a greet weekend in London. Sightseeing and makeup what could a beauty and travel blogger love more?!
I tag the following beauties…
- Hatsy from Nearly a princess
- Lora Tia from Inspiredlives
- Marivy Iniguez from Sincerely Mrs Iniguez
- Maja from Contemplating style
- Pooja from Makeupandbody
- Dannijane from Abeautifulthing
- Sam from Famamfa
- Abigail from Abigailroseweb
- Aoife from Aoiferblog
- Laavinia from Weeklydoseofbeautyandfashion
And my questions are…
- Who are your top three bloggers to read?
- What inspired you to start blogging?
- Have you always been a makeup junkie?
- Have you ever done a project 10 pan and did you stick to it?
- What’s your beauty style?
- What’s your favorite makeup brand?
- How do you come up with your blog post ideas?
- Which is your favorite social media?
- What are your blogging tips and tricks?
- How do you edit your blog pics?
Hope you have fun doing this tag! I sure look forward to reading your answers.
I’d love to chat with you on :
Links to items mentioned :
- Urban Decay Gwen Stefani Palette (*)
- Physician’s Formula – Happy Booster Blush (USA) & (France) (*)
- Benefit : Porfessional primer (USA) (*)
- Urban Decay : Eye Shadow Primer Potion – Base paupière (*)
- Urban Dacay : All nighter spray (*)
- Sisley : Instant perfect primer (*)
- Clinique : Pore Refining Solutions primer (*)
- Cover FX : Matifying Primer (*)
- Embryolisse : Lait crème concentré (*)
- Smashbox : Photofinish foundation primer (*)
(*) affiliate links